Saturday, August 13, 2005

Thinking about family

One of my on-going projects has been compiling a family genealogy - oh, I've been working on this since we married in 1977. I have started my family tree on genealogy.com, but I am not ready to post it. Did you know there are many free sites available to search for your ancestors. The Ellis Island site is pretty awesome.

Been thinking of our families recently, how many Baggetts and Franklins there are all over the USA. Some we rarely get to see anymore. Maybe through this blog site, we can get more connected with each other. If you know of someone in the family who has email, or internet access at home, you might want to send them a note about the site. I was thinking of my Dad's brothers and their sons who carry on the name Franklin - how it would be nice to connect with them and see how they are all doing. One brother moved to Rhode Island years ago. Uncle Lawrence is dead now, but he has several sons I would like to get to know some day. Another brother, Uncle Howard is also dead now, and he had two daughters and one son, Jim. I was a little kid when cousin Jim was in high school, back in the day they say he was a real popular guy at Cowpens High. Then I start thinking of the female cousins, even with different last names, they are still Franklins by birth. A lot of people to keep track of and that is just on my Dad's side of of the family!

The Baggetts are mostly in Arkansas, but there are a few family members scattered around the country. We tend to keep up with them more because most of them are still in Arkansas. My wife is here in Florida, most of her brothers and family are in Texas, and her Uncle Kelsea and his family are out in California.

So if you have any famly news, pictures to post, etc. just send me an email or post a comment on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment