Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Some favorite web sites




Yeah!! I finally figured out how to post links in my sidebar to some of my favorite web sites. There is a nice Bible scripture search site now, you can look verses up by the passage, choose which translation to view, etc. There many useful searches on this site to use when you study the Bible. There is a link to Tim Fisher's site for Christian music, DCM recordings. You can browse the site and purchase music from there if you desire, or you can just check it out to see what CD's you are missing in your collection. I also added a site that allows you to listen to good old-fashioned, conservative, traditional godly music. You can open a separate browser and listen while you work or play on line. Dr. James Dobson started "Focus on the Family" many years ago, and their website is filled with lots of information about raising a family.

A few other links I posted are more "fun" sites - DCI is the web site for the Drum & Bugle Corps Int'l. The championships will be broadcast on ESPN this fall, I think on the Tuesday night after Labor Day, for the first time ever. In the past, they were broadcast on PBS. If you have never heard Clark Howard on the radio, then you should be sure to check out his site. It has lots of information on handling your finances, as he is known for "watching out for your money". I added a couple of news site that I read once or twice a day, Fox News and Newsmax.

And, of course, I have to keep up with Duke basketball, yes, even this summer. Didn't you know that Sheldon Williams and JJ Reddick are playing in a tournament this summer. They are on the USA U21 World Championship Team and the team has a 7-1 record as of today. Things are looking good for Duke basketball this year. One last site I had to include was the comics. There are many of your favorites on this link and you can enjoy them in on your screen.
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment