Saturday, October 14, 2006

trip to PA, days 1 & 2

I was able to attend the 41st Homecoming Sunday at Calvary Baptist in Cowpens. My dad started the church when I was a kid, and I was one of the original charter members. The church is "going strong" and their current pastor has been there since my dad retired, about 21 years ago.


Brandon and I traveled to PA Sunday night, leaving SC around 4pm. We stopped in Candor, NC, to visit with Brandon's friends from college, Edwin and Cassie and their baby boy, Gabe. He was born the same week as Brielle. After supper at Mickie D's we headed for PA. Mapquest showed it was about 8 hours, but since we drove through DC at night, we made it in 7 hours. It was strange to see road signs for Washington, Mt. Vernon, New York, etc. We finally found Josh's home in Spring Grove, PA and hit the bed about 4am Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment