Thursday, October 19, 2006

trip to PA, day 8 & 9






Saturday, we spent our last day of vacation by first traveling to York, PA to shop at the Pfaltzgraff outlet store, and then headed up to Hershey, PA to visit Hershey's Chocolate World. In the town where the street lights are shaped like "kisses" we were able to tour the "simulated" factory. We had a two hour limit before parking was charged, so we had time to watch the 3-D show, similar to "Shrek" at Universal Studios with the special effects. Where else can you go and spend $55 on chocolate???






Sunday morning, we attended church where Josh is the assistant pastor. Hope Baptist Church was recognizing that day as their 18th anniversary. Pastor Harris has been there for six years. I am still getting used to everyone calling my son Pastor Franklin. Josh, Brandon and I sang a trio for the service called "Everlasting God" and Brandon played his trumpet solo of "It Is Well With My Soul". After enjoying one more meal with our granddaughter we headed home.



Other than being stuck in DC "Redskins" traffic from 5-6:30 pm, we had a good trip home, arriving at 5 AM Monday (just in time to go to work!) Thankfully, Brandon had Monday off from work, so he drove all the way home. I guess I looked very sleepy because when I went through the drive-thro of McDonald's for lunch on Monday, the cashier asked me if I was sleeping. And then about 1:30 pm, my boss made a point to tell me I could go home early and make up my time later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment