Sunday, October 29, 2006

born to serve the Lord

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7)

I was reminded of this topic and the song, Born to Serve the Lord, recently as I read Genesis 2:7. The reason we were all created was to serve the Lord. We were created to give God the glory, not just so that we could grow up, get married, have children, etc. This old "southern gospel" song came to my mind. Our family used to sing this at church when I was a child.
Born to Serve the Lord
From the dust of the earth God created man,
His breath made man a living soul.
But God so loved the world, that He gave His only son;
And that is why I love him so.

Chorus:
For I was made in his likeness,
created in His image,
For I was born to serve the Lord.
Oh, I can't deny Him,
I'll always walk beside Him;
For I was born to serve the Lord.

My hands were made to help my neighbor
My eyes were made to read God's word
My feet were made to walk in His footsteps
My body is the temple of the Lord.
Repeat Chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment