Saturday, October 28, 2006

college game day

Today is the biggest college game day of all - as I write this it is about 2 hours to kickoff here in Jax at the Georgia-Florida game (see it on CBS-TV at 3:30 pm). Half the stadium will be full of red GA Bulldog fans, and half will be full of Blue & Orange Gator fans. The only time I was able to go to one of the games was at the old "Gator Bowl" long before it became "Alltel Stadium". Our school used to work concessions at this game to earn money. The last game I worked was cold and rainy and we had no coffee or hot chocolate to sell and NO ONE wanted ice cold Pepsi!! Then I made the mistake to wear our school's red jacket and Florida fans thought I was a Goergia fan (heaven forbid!) and called me lots of names, etc. I did not feel very safe that night.

Here are some links to the game day media . . .

Gators not overconfident against Buldogs (USATODAY)

High-stakes game (Jacksonville.com)

Top quarterback (Tim Tebow) aims to stay grounded in Christ (BP.com)

Times-Union photo gallery from the game

No comments:

Post a Comment