Tuesday, November 22, 2005

thankful for a Godly heritage


Dad founded Calvary Baptist Church in Cowpens, SC in the mid-1960's. The first church building was named recently as the "Franklin Fellowship Hall"


I am so thankful that the Lord gave me two Godly parents. They have served the Lord together for over 50 years and even at age 79, my dad loves to serve the Lord when physically able. My mom continues to play the piano and teach Sunday School. Many people their age would be ready to "rest" and just let the younger folks do the work of the ministry. They are an example for the rest of us to follow - kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids alike.


Until recently, dad continued to go a nursing home on Sunday and conduct a morning worship service.


I thankful that God has called my oldest son into the ministry, and he is following in his grandpa's footsteps as a preacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment