Friday, February 16, 2007

always a pistol



As you may or may not know, the NBA All-Star game takes place this weekend. As we take a break from the regular season, I found this story posted at ESPN.com about the new bio of Pete Maravich. I have fond memories of watching him play in college, more so than when he played pro ball. I remember how neat it was to hear that he had turned his life over to Christ, and then to see how he followed that decision by hosting basketball camps at Clearwater Christian College in Florida. I also remember the tragic day that he died while playing a pick-up game of basketball with Dr. James Dobson. He had a heart defect for all of his life and no one ever knew it until he collapsed and died that fateful day. That makes his basketball skills even more amazing to me. I believe he was one of the best basketball players to ever live and play the sport. This new book is called "Pistol: The Life of Pete Maravich" by Mark Kriegel. Click to read an excerpt from Chapter 12: Showtime


Check out the official website for Pistol Pete at pistolpete23.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment