Thursday, February 15, 2007

along the journey

So I drove 5.8 miles one way to gas up and another 5.8 miles for the return trip - and that was 30 minutes of my lunch break - just to save 51 cents (or .04 per gallon.) Not sure that it was worth the time, or the extra 9 miles of gas. But why stop at those higher priced stations, (I passed about 10 along the journey) when I can buy my gas cheaper at Sam's Club? I have to admit though, last week it felt much better buying gas for $2.099 per gallon. Today, a week later, the price is $2.139 per gallon. It didn't feel the same this week, but it's the principle of the thing! The closest gas station to my job is selling gas for $2.179 per gallon and on the ride home from work tonight I noticed the gas on Dunn Ave. was $2.219 per gallon. So for at least today, the Sam's Club on Beach Blvd. has the cheapest gas in town. At least I'm not driving to Georgia to buy my gas - that would be 30 miles there and 30 miles back - well, you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment