Tuesday, February 21, 2006

along the journey...

Sometimes you just have to get away...

We took a quick weekend trip to SC to visit my parents. Their pastor "showed mom and dad off" for us at church, asking them to sing Sunday morning. What a special blessing to hear them sing again, one of their favorite songs "I've just heard from Heaven, and it's alright now." Sunday night, my mom played her "famous" arrangement of "Keep on the Firing Line."

On Monday, I went to Target and bought a 20" color television for $88.00. Can't beat that price! They had two broken, old TV's in the kitchen, one setting on top of the other, and we were able to get rid of one at the dump. (Dad insisted on keeping the one that wasn't completely dead yet!) He wanted to drive by the "old homestead" since my cousin Judy had sold it recently. The house is being restored we found out. The man working on it was from Orlando and he restores old homes for a living. He was just as excited to meet my dad as my dad was excited to be able walk in the home and see what was transpiring. I will post some pics as soon as I can, as they have gutted the 4 rooms inside and are doing a complete restoration. This should be finished in April, so we hope to go back and check it out. I did not realize my dad was born in this house in 1926, and all the memories that must be there for him.

We also were able to stop by the Cowpens Veteran's Memorial Park, near the old train depot. The city has inscibed the names of all the town's war veterans in granite. They just recently added Dad's name to one of the monuments.

Now if I can just get rid of some of those old telephones!(that's a story for another day)

No comments:

Post a Comment