Monday, February 13, 2006

along the journey...

FAMILY NEWS UPDATES:There will be at least two new family members this year. My sister's son, Kenny and wife Casey, are expecting their first child in July in South Carolina. My oldest son, Josh and wife Janelle, are expecting their first one due in September in Pennsylvania. As you probably know by now, Josh and Janelle moved to PA in December. He is the assistant Pastor at Hope Baptist Church in Hanover. They are really happy to be working full-time in the ministry.

RECENT BIRTHDAYS:My wife, Cindy, celebrated number 52 on January 31st. One of our nephews, Philip Logan, turned 17 on the same day. We went to Chan's Chinese for a combined birthday dinner. My youngest son, Brandon, hit the quarter-century mark turning 25 on February 9th. He came home from community orchestra practice with several cards, presents, and his favorite-chocolate chip cookies.

OTHER NEWS:
We just learned that Cindy's mom, Winnie, will be having surgery next week. Please pray for her that this will go well.
Not sure about Wisconsin, but I know PA was hit hard by the snowstorm this past weekend. When I spoke to Josh yesterday, he had just finished about 4 hours of shoveling snow. With 12 inches of snow, I hope he has time to make a snowman!
My nephew, Philip, performed with 42 other students last Friday with the Douglas Anderson Guitar Orhestra here in Jax. We enjoyed the concert which featured two famous guitarists-Michael Chapdelaine, Acoustic Guitar Virtuoso and Roland Dyens, French Guitarist/Composer.

No comments:

Post a Comment