Saturday, February 04, 2012

birthday week continues

I am not kidding when I say we celebrated Cindy's birthday all week!  I previously blogged about our special birthday meals starting on Sunday night.  First a free meal at Ruby Tuesday's, a free meal at Moe's on Monday night, and a free dinner at Provinos on Tuesday night.  Wednesday night revolves around church, so we enjoyed her free sub from Firehouse Subs and then headed on to church.  Thursday night I took her to Captain D's to get her free meal and then we stopped at Dairy Queen to use her BOGO blizzard coupon.  


Friday night, I took her to my favorite place, "Cracker Barrel" and used my "Christmas" gift card.  This turned out to be a special treat because they currently offer a special "Pineapple Upside Down  Cake" dessert.  I had to order this dessert as it brought back fond memories about how her grandmother (Mam-ma Baggett) always baked this cake for Cindy.  She would bake it, then box it up and mail it to Cindy every year.  This continued until the last few years of her life.  What good memories!   

Today was another birthday meal.  We had a coupon for a free breakfast at IHOP.  Afterwards, I took her to Finders Keepers Antiques,  the Goodwill store, and Ally's Attics (all located in the same shopping strip) for browsing.  I bought a couple Pepsi glasses for a friend at $1.50 each and also a small hymnal published in 1922 for $4.00 and also received 20% off today at Finders Keepers. Good deals!   At the Goodwill store I found a RAFFI record album in excellent condition for 77 cents!  I also picked up the autobiography of Ronald Reagan ($2.50) hardback published in 1990.   We then stopped by Randy's Perennials & Water Gardens to see what he had for sale this time of the year - can you say "spring fever"?  
 
Cindy has one more gift card (for Red Lobster) so we might go there tomorrow.  With all the cards and gifts and free meals, I think Cindy had a great birthday week!  


No comments:

Post a Comment