Wednesday, September 16, 2009

spending time with family

We enjoyed a short trip to Cowpens to spend time with my mom and dad over Labor Day weekend. I grilled hamburgers and ribeye steaks while Cindy and Mom enjoyed a shopping spree at Hamrick's in Gaffney. We also bought a cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to my mom - her birthday was Aug. 26th, but it's never too late to celebrate a birthday! Dad had bought a DVD recorder, so I spent some time dubbing some videos of our sons onto DVD's, including the video of their Ireland Mission Trip in 2001 (with Victory Baptist Church).

I also enjoyed the chance to minister in song with my mom and dad at their church on Sunday night. We sang a trio - an old gospel song, and one I had never sung before, called "The Sun's Coming Up in the Morning." Cindy took a photo of us practicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment