Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I thought we moved out of the swamp

(Photo of flooding at Six Flags Over Georgia)

What a week this has been! I woke up to thunder and lightning during the storm Monday morning around 3 AM. As I prepared to leave work, I discovered some minor flooding in the basement. The radio informed me we had 5-8 inches of rain during the night, so I cleaned up the water with the shop vac and headed for work. After being stuck in traffic for 50 minutes, I called my boss who then told me to turn around and go work from home. I was only about 5 minutes from home but it took 30 mins to get back home.



By 9 am, the radio announced that all the schools would be closed, but Cindy had left before 7 am. She came home before noon and has now been out of school for two days - for rain, and with no hurricane in sight! We're not in Florida any more but it sure seemed like it with all the rain. (Jacksonville is known for those 5 inch down pours in September.) God has blessed us with only minor weather issues. So many people have serious flooding problems. Praise Him for supplying rain so the drought is officially over.



Tuesday afternoon we had the most beautiful blue skies and breeze! When I arrived home from work I cut the grass in our front yard and used the blower for the first time in two weeks. I didn't want to get another warning from the lawn police :)

No comments:

Post a Comment