Friday, August 21, 2009

special desserts for summer in Wisconsin


Natalie and Meredith were quite the little helpers in the kitchen as they joined in the fun with Leah and Mam-ma(Cindy) making zucchini bread from scratch! I think the zucchini came from Grandma Johnson's garden.



Also during the week, Leah and Natalie and Meredith picked cherries from their tree in the backyard and we were treated to a homemade cherry pie. (more cute photos to come)


Cindy and I bought fresh peaches at an orchard in Dix, IL on our drive up to Wisconsin. So at my request, she (and Leah and the girls) made two peach cobblers using our friend Bonnie's special recipe. I was in charge of adding the syrup so I went to the Recheck grocery store and bought a bottle of "Aunt Jemima's Syrup" - following the instructions on my voice mail from Florida. I drizzled the syrup over the top of the cobbler before we put it in the oven. But for the first cobbler I did not use enough syrup and for the second cobbler I used too much. But, they were sooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment