Monday, April 13, 2009

photo gallery of Dad's 83rd birthday


We enjoyed getting together with my family in SC to celebrate Dad's 83rd birthday on March 28th. If I counted correctly, 23 of Dad's family made this an enjoyable dinner at the Wagon Wheel Fish Camp in Cowpens, SC.

The Wagon Wheel is always a favorite place to eat when I go home to visit. We have had many meals there over the years. The first meal that I remember eating there was a special dinner to honor the Cowpens High School football team AND the Cowpens High School Band members. (I was a member of the band) In the fall of 1972, our football team won the championship and the booster club treated us all to a free meal. I am not sure how we all squeezed into that place, but I remember it being a special dinner.


The first few photos are of some of the antique furnishings on display in the entrance hallway. Click to view slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment