Friday, May 25, 2007

a day at the beach


Mom and Dad enjoyed the ocean view from the pier







I took a day off of work on Wednesday to take mom and dad to the beach. We walked the Jacksonville Beach pier for $1.00. Dad said that he never imagined a few months ago, when he was down in his back, that he would ever be able to walk like this again. We tried to drive onto the Mayport Naval base but I could not obtain a pass without a military ID or a military sponsor. I guess since 9-11 security is a lot tighter now! I told the guard my dad was in World War II but that did not faze him at all! :)


We were surprised at how close we could get to the seagulls on the pier

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Thanks for the pics , we love Preacher and Mrs. Franklin very much .

    ReplyDelete