Monday, March 13, 2006

concrete builds the world, part 2

An amazing thing has been happening, inch by inch, right before my eyes as I travel to work every day. The new bridge over the Trout River is slowly taking shape. The I-95 bridge will be completed in stages, with the southbound bridge completed first. Then all traffic will be diverted over the new southbound bridge while the old bridge is torn down and rebuilt as the northbound bridge lanes.

Recent photos of the Trout River Bridge on I-95 in Jax. Traffic will be much improved when it is all completed, another 2-3 years.



At the south end, the concrete pilings are still being "driven" into the riverbed at just the right angles, making this a truly amazing feat of engineering and concrete.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Hi Tim,

    I am so glad that I can drive 9A to work and that I do not have to go through all the I95 construction.

    Sis

    ReplyDelete