Saturday, May 14, 2011

my, how time flies

Natalie(right photo)

Seems like only yesterday we were in Wisconsin to see our first grandchild when she was 7 weeks old, and now she has turned 7 years old!   In the meantime our sons and their wives have given us 7 more grandkids, with one more on the way in October.   We decided it was time to enjoy our grandchildren more and we would try to make it to their birthday celebration when feasibly possible.  This year we were able to make it to Wisconsin in May since Cindy was not teaching, and we were able  to celebrate Natalie's 7th birthday with the family.  

Meredith, Natalie, and Uncle Mitch(Leah's brother)

Originally Cindy was going to Wisconsin to help take care of the grandkids while Leah recovered from surgery.  Then I decided we should both be there for Natalie's birthday, so I flew up a week later.  Thankfully, the Lord allowed me to go because I was in the hospital Easter weekend and I had already purchased my plane ticket to leave the following Tuesday night for WI.  Looking at the bright side, I am thankful that I did not go to Wisconsin earlier and end up in the ER there. We had spent a few weeks trying to decide whether I should go to Wisconsin for Easter week or for the week after Easter. God directed us to choose the latter. 

Psalm 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."

  Ethan and Sophie enjoyed riding the horses at the Pizza Ranch game room!

No comments:

Post a Comment