Tuesday, March 29, 2011

decisions, decisions

Now that "my" teams - Duke and Florida - are out of the "Big Dance" I guess  I will have to be like the rest of the country and start pulling for the underdog. However there are two underdogs this weekend and they are playing each other - VCU vs Butler. Who do I root for now? By the way, Butler's coach Brad Stevens(right) called Florida's coach Billy Donavan for coaching advice back in February of this year.  I wonder what Coach Donovan is thinking now? 

After listening to some of the sports guys (or talking heads) I learned that VCU is the team to beat now (Coach Shaka Smart at right). Butler lost to Duke last year in the championship game, so it would be neat to see them in the title game again.  Decisions, decisions, hmmm.  Arizona somehow was able to beat Duke and then turn around and lose the next game to UConn. (Ahh, the curse on those who beat Duke strikes again!) 



Since I don't care for UConn coached by legendary Jim Calhoun (picture at left), will I be able to pull for a Kentucky team coached by John Calipari? (typical picture of the Kentucky coach in action at right)
At least Kentucky is an SEC team!  I thought the North Carolina Tarheels would be able to beat Kentucky, but the Tarheels did not play like the team that beat Duke during the regular season. 

That's the way the ball bounces, or as Coach K (pictured at left) said last week after the loss to Arizona: "It was just one of those days." 

No comments:

Post a Comment