Monday, February 14, 2011

inspiring stories for a Monday


There were a couple of stories in the news last week that caught my attention. I think they both deserve mentioning as "Inspiring stories for a Monday!" However the news story I am posting this week is:


Wake Forest baseball coach Tom Walter donated a kidney to sick Demon Deacons player Kevin Jordan.

Kevin's own family members did not have a matching kidney. But when his coach found out about the need, he checked into donating one of his kidneys, which turned out to be a match. You have to be inspired by the action of Coach Walter.


As for Jordan, he hopes to get close to full strength by the summer, in time to hone his considerable skills during fall scrimmages. Then, next February, he can get started on his college career — a year behind schedule, but with a new sense of purpose. ‘‘I’ll do whatever coach asks me to do,’’ said Jordan, who was drafted by the New York Yankees last summer. ‘‘If he wants me to get a bunt down, whatever, I can’t see myself saying no to anything.

‘‘Part of his body is in mine now.’’


Click to read the rest of the story

No comments:

Post a Comment