Friday, March 06, 2009

fun at the grand prix


Cindy and I had the distinct honor to be the design judges at our church's Frontline Club Grand Prix race a few weeks ago. There were supposed to be four judges, but two of them were no-shows. I was surprised how different our "ratings" were for the cars, so she was able to break my three tied scores in at least one age group! 28 young people participated in making their car (with help from their Dads I'm sure)




It was harder to judge than I thought it would be. In the four age groups, we chose one design winner. The kids also raced their cars four times each to find our the winner of each group.





I guess living in Florida for 30 years may have influenced us to choose this "Whale" of a car as one of the winners. I thought the "hot dog" car would win but it did not fit in the "box" and we had to mark it down because it was over the size limit.


See slideshow for more cute photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment