Saturday, November 15, 2008

along the journey

I woke up this morning and the first thing on my mind was an old Knock, Knock joke -

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Dwayne.
Dwayne who?
Dwayne the bathtub I'm dwouning!

So I wonder what this means, other than being really weird. Since we are both a little sick with allergies this time of the year, my wife and I both slept in today. Maybe I just slept too long! I guess with the fall season and the leaves falling like snowflakes, we are both allergic to something in the air. Cindy is having a worse time of it, even after one round of antibiotics she still has a dry cough. Just love the smell of vinegar and water boiling on the stove :) If you know of any more home remedies for the dry cough, please let us know.

The school where Cindy is teaching this year, Integrity Christian Academy, just moved from the Oak Road Lutheran church to a larger facility at Bethany Christian Center in Loganville. It is about 2 miles further for her to drive but it still is only 15 minutes with good traffic. The school has room to grow now and everyone is excited about the new facilities.

We are looking forward to the holiday season. We will be visiting my mom and dad for Thanksgiving and will get to see Josh, Janelle, and Brielle while there. I am glad to see the gas prices drop. The Walmart gas station was $1.82/ga on Friday and I really did not think I would ever see it that low again. I filled up my gas tank for $22 unlike a few weeks ago when it cost $52. This should help with everyone's traveling budget this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment