Monday, April 21, 2008

sinking of the Titanic

I have always been fascinated with the story of the sinking of the Titanic. I remember as a child watching on television the black & white movie from 1958 "A Night To Remember" and how scary this movie was to me. This month is the anniversary of the sinking of that ship which took place on April 14, 1912. Last week, I read an Associated Press article about a theory that the builders in their haste may have used inferior metals for the rivets - read more at this link Also, you will find off the beaten path in Orlando a neat attraction - Titanic, The Experience. My wife and I spent a few hours there reading the history of the ship and visiting the replicas of the some of the rooms that were inside the Titanic. The guide also takes you inside a room that has a solid sheet of ice "wall" so you can touch and feel how cold it was in the waters when the Titanic sank.

No comments:

Post a Comment