Saturday, February 23, 2008

Duke shines in victory over St. Johns


After two straight losses I knew the Dukies would have to make a statement as they played St. Johns today. Being a non-conference game took some of the pressure off I am sure. But after St. Johns started the game with 7-0 run, I was hoping the Blue Devils would not wait until the 2nd half to try and turn the game (and team) around. No need to worry, the team recovered from the slow start, led by 18 at the half and won the game handily with a final score of 86 - 56. All the players shined in this game and this was the Duke team I am used to watching. My only complaint today was that CBS left the game with 14 minutes to go and switched to the Kansas-Oklahoma State. I had to read the play by play on the internet for the rest of the game. So what changed? One change I noticed - the player who came off the bench Wednesday night to lead the comeback at Miami (when the team was down by 20 points) - John Scheyer was a starter today. Also according to CBS commentators, Coach K met with every player individually after the loss to Miami. The soul-searching must have worked! Read more at Observations from above the rim(blog)
Game Stats(espn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment