Tuesday, September 25, 2007

give thanks for all things

It's human nature for us to go through our everyday life forgetting to thank God for His goodness. Many times when things happen to go wrong, our first response is the "woe is me" or "what did I do to deserve this?" attitude. This past weekend God used a little thing like a leaking tire to remind me again that He has promised to take care of us. Being new to the area, I had to decide on a new place to get my oil changed. I also asked them to check the air in my tires, which they did. Later Friday evening as we were going out to eat, I noticed the front left tire looked low. Whenever that happened in Jax, we would always take our car by the Big Chief Tire store and they would plug the tire for free. So on Friday night, I stopped at two tire stores and both told me that they do not plug tires anymore, but would patch the tire for about 22 bucks. That was not what I expected! I decided to have air put in the tire at NTB (the National, Tire & Battery Store) and keep an eye on it. The next day, on Saturday afternoon I checked the air in that tire and it had dropped 5 lbs of pressure already. After the Gator game ended, of course, I headed back to the NTB. After about 20 minutes, the manager came to find me in the waiting room to double-check which tire was leaking. I stood up and looked out the window to see five employees standing around my tire and I said to another person in the waiting room, "that does not look good." But come to find out, no one could find a leak! They decided to change the valve stem and then rotated my tires - for free! That was when I realized that God was taking care of my needs, according to his riches in Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment