Sunday, September 02, 2007

feeling like home

After living in Jax for the past 30 years, the move to GA was quite emotional. I began working in Norcross, GA on June 18th. We took our time finding a place to live in the northeast suburbs of Atlanta. God led us to the "perfect" house for us in the sense that both of us liked the house, the location, driving distance from stores, church, doctors, etc. By August 1st we had signed a lease to rent the house for one year. That same week, my employer paid Armstrong movers to pack up our belongings and move us - all done in the space of 4 days. Then I proceeded to have the utilities turned on - water, gas, electric, cable, phone, and internet. Finally, last week we were able to complete our changes with car insurance, drivers' licenses and car tags. Cindy's 1983 Chryler LeBaron convertible passed emission inspection and this is the last year for that car. Next year we can get an antique car tag for the convertible. We have unpacked all but one room of boxes, so it is starting to feel like home.

We are looking forward to having our first visitors today as Brandon and Rachel will be staying with us for the Labor Day holiday. We appreciate your prayers for us - I broke my right little pinky over a week ago, so I should be one-handed for another two weeks. Cindy is still working on a new job and she is doing a great job nursing me. (Now I know why she does not have a job yet.) And also pray for patience for me, this is very frustrating - even typing this blog with my left hand - everything is hard when you are right-handed and it feels like your good hand is tied behind your back. I must say though I make a good "back seat driver":)

Today we joined Berean Baptist Church which is in Lilburn, about 30 minutes from Duluth. The church is larger than Victory in Jax, but there are many opportunities to minister and the church is very traditional, with good conservative music and sound, biblical preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment