Saturday, June 09, 2007

at least I like to drive!


I just returned from a three day trip to visit my new job location and was able to spend two days driving around the NE Atlanta suburbs. I tried to find all the alternate routes to take during rush hour. I checked out the distance in driving from my apartment to work and back. The Atlanta traffic is very heavy - like rush hour in Jax - only it last all day and night there. Coming back from dinner Thursday night at 10:00pm, there was still a large amount of traffic driving away from Atlanta on US 141N. I was able to miss all of the bad traffic tie-ups you hear about - they were taking place going the opposite direction, so I was thankful. I tried to check out some neighborhoods, housing and schools in the area (since my wife will be job hunting) to get an idea of the distance traveling back and forth to Norcross. One Christian school in Lilburn is not very far away, about 20 mins. from work. The other school is in Acworth, northwest of Atlanta. I traveled about 25 mins. to exit 271 on Friday morning, stopped and ate lunch at the Cracker Barrel, of course. And then traveled another 25 mins to Acworth. With good traffic, this school is about 40-45 minutes from my work. At least now I have a feel for the area. I have one more week to work in Jax and then I am off to Atlanta (Norcross to be exact.)

No comments:

Post a Comment