Sunday, December 10, 2006

these are a few of my favorite things



I was inspired by our cookie bake-off contest at work tomorrow to cook these "no bake" chocolate oatmeal cookies. It has been a long time since I cooked these but they turned out great. My Aunt Emily taught me how to make these when I was just a little boy, and they are still a family favorite. Here is her recipe:


Aunt Emily's "No Bake" Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


Combine: 1/2 cup milk, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, and 1 stick butter (or margarine). Bring mixture to a rolling boil, and then boil for exactly 3 minutes.


Take off heat immediately and add: 2 cups (quick) oatmeal, 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy), and 1 teaspoon vanilla. If you like, you can add about 1/2 cup nuts or raisins at this time. Drop mixture on to wax paper with spoon. This recipe will make 20 large or about 40 small cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment