Monday, August 21, 2006

Beacon on the food network

They say that people drive from all over the country just to eat at the legendary Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg, SC. The drive-in will be featured on a food network special program to air Nov 4th. The "world famous" Beacon is one of those places like the Varsity Restaurant in Atlanta, you either love it or you don't, and you usually have a story to tell about it. One of my sons even told me about a Bob Jones University professor who would take his class to the Beacon, just for the experience. Most of my family in Spartanburg "love" the BBQ hash at the Beacon. And I just heard that the local Winn-Dixie here in Jax is selling "Beacon Sweet Tea" with or without lemon. The employee at the Winn-Dixie told my wife, "that's the good stuff!" It's a small world after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment