Saturday, January 24, 2015

Finally - Windows 10 update pending


Finally some good news on the IT front.
Last spring we were shopping for a new desktop computer for my dad and the only ones available came with Windows 8.1.  Windows 8.1 was supposed to fix the problems/issues people had with Windows 8.  We had trouble using our new computer for months until we finally asked AT&T to replace the router/modem for internet service. It seems the old router/modem did not have the technology to operate Windows 8.1.  So now we can use the desktop but there are lot of things we do not like.  First and foremost, my email appears as an APP on the screen, so anyone using my desktop can access my email.  I still have not figured out how to change that.  

This week I read that Microsoft is coming out with Windows 10 this year and for those of us who have 8.1 we can update for free.  This also means we will have access to the office suite (Office 365) for free and will be able to use XCEL, Word, Powerpoint, etc finally on our desktop. 

Read more at this link to foxnews

No comments:

Post a Comment