Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snowjam 2014

SNOWJAM 2014 - our adventure in snow here in Georgia - the last one was in Jan 2011! 
Thank the Lord I made it home from work before it got too bad! One of my coworkers said it took him almost four hours to get home yesterday.  My boss said it was 10 PM when he arrived home (we left work at 1:30 PM! ) 
The photo at left was on Brook Hollow Parkway at the Jimmy Carter Blvd intersection.
 Snow accumulated on our back deck - about 1 3/4 inches total by midnight. 





 The view from my back deck - snow covering the neighborhood
 Not enough to snow to completely cover everything but enough to cause the city to shut down!  Governor Deal is asking all employees to stay home Thursday too.  Schools are closed today and tomorrow.
Everything looked so 
dead this winter,  
I love the way the snow changes everything. 
God's gift to us in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment