Friday, June 26, 2009

police "lawn enforcement"


My coworker emailed this picture to me after I shared with him my surprise Tuesday night upon returning from vacation. The "Quality of Life Unit" of the police dept. left a notice of violation on my door as our grass was "too tall" and the lawn must be "maintained." So it is against the law to go on vacation and "not" keep your grass cut now. Good thing it did not rain much while we were gone. The notice was left on our door Saturday, June 20th, and we had until Thursday, June 25th, to comply. Cindy cut the grass for me on Weds morning since I had to work, and sure enough on Thursday morning the police car stopped at our mailbox for about 10 minutes - I guess to file the report that our grass was cut!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    They do that in WI too. That's why Stephen had to cut the lawn at the shop during vacation... they give citations if the grass gets too long.

    ReplyDelete