Tuesday, May 19, 2009

strawberry season in Georgia






We went to pick strawberries at Washington Farms in Loganville last Saturday (only about 20 minutes from home.) The weather was cloudy and there was a cool breeze, just perfect. After about 45 minutes we had filled our gallon containers with large and small strawberries. I am not sure how many I ate in the process, but for $10.00 a gallon, I thought it was a good deal. After washing the berries, we froze them on cookie sheets over night in the freezer. Sunday night, we transferred them to containers and back into the freezer. We will probably go back again before the season is over in June. Fresh strawberries are so much better than the ones you buy at the grocery store. I forgot to take my camera, so these pictures are from the farm's web site at Washingtonfarms.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment