Sunday, March 25, 2007

catching up on the journey...

My son was able to get free tickets to the Barracudas this past Tuesday night. This was only the 2nd or 3rd hockey game that I have been to in my life, so I am not sure I understood all the rules and penalties that were called. I did figure out that the game has three 20 minutes periods with 20 min. intermission between each period. Thanks to Brandon's employer, we were able to enjoy seats in the Wachovia suite, chairs with leather seats no less. We also were able to purchase the "club" buffet for $12.00. Not a bad price for a full course meal when you could easily spend $10.00 for a hamburger and drink.

I guess this was the week for freebies as my wife and I also went to the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra concert on Friday night. This concert featured all music of composer John Williams, most famous for the film score for Star Wars as well as the Olympic Fanfare and Theme. Brandon was able to secure free tickets for us from someone at his workplace - seats that were on row J - great seats ten rows from the front! Other selections included music from Jaws, ET, The Cowboys Overture, Jurassic Park, Superman and more. We really enjoyed the concert and even had "valet parking" for the first time ever! We could get used to that! If you do not have any music by John Williams in your CD collection, check out this link to Amazon.com. This CD would be the one to purchase. LISTEN TO CD

No comments:

Post a Comment