Friday, January 05, 2007

classics from the golden age


I discovered this unique website recently at www.kiddierecords.com These "stories on records" were popular when I was a child and even when my boys were growing up in the early 1980's. I still have some in my record collection. Now you can listen to them on line or download them to your computer or mp3 player from the internet. The record covers and inside pictures have also been uploaded to this site. If you scroll your mouse over the cover photo, it shows the words "look inside" and when you click on the cover picture, the rest of the pictures for that story are viewable. My grandkids should enjoy these! What started out as a project for one year has turned into a three year mission for the people who operate this site. Kiddie Records Weekly 2005 and Kiddie Records Weekly 2006 are now complete and the third and final year will be a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. I just listened to one of these with Natalie and she really liked it. We didn't look at the pictures and she still followed what was going on in the story! What a neat way to get them away from the TV and introduced to some good stories!

    ReplyDelete